Why Your Mom & Pop Store Needs Killer Website Copy
When you think of website copy, you might imagine big corporations with huge marketing budgets and teams of writers. But the truth is, even small businesses and mom and pop stores need great website copy. And guess what? It's not as hard (or as expensive) as you might think.
First thing's first: what is website copy?
It's the words on your website that tell visitors what your business is all about.
From the headlines and product descriptions to the "About Us" page, it's all copy. And it's all important.
Think about it, when someone lands on your website, they're making a split-second decision about whether or not they want to stick around. Your website copy needs to be clear, engaging, and most importantly, it needs to speak to your target audience.
So, how do you make sure your website copy is up to snuff?
Here are a few tips:
- Get to the point. No one has time to read a novel on your website. Be clear and concise.
- Be yourself. Use a tone and language that reflects your brand's personality.
- Show, don't tell. Use examples and storytelling to bring your products and services to life.
- Include calls to action. Tell visitors what you want them to do next (like contact you or buy your product).
- Proofread. Nothing says "unprofessional" like typos and grammatical errors.
Remember that it's the words on your website that will ultimately make or break a sale. And you don't want to leave that up to chance, do you?
You don't have to do it alone. Contact us for help.